This is one of my most favorite recipes!!! I like to serve with a little cheddar, freshly grated on top and some crackers.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic
- 2 cans (15-1/2 oz each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz) chicken broth
- 2 cans (4 oz each) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In large saucepan, saute chicken, onion, and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 min. Stir in sour cream and cream. Serve immediately.
Vegetarian? No problem. I have successfully made this vegetarian several times for my sister. Just add another 2 cans of great northern beans to replace the chicken and use vegetable broth instead of chicken. Its just as good!
More to come,